Thursday, June 30, 2011

XIV Tchaikovsky competition - And the winner is...


Not just yet...

Alexi Chernov played his last piece for this competition, Brahms concerto No.1, and I am left with the amazing archive of all these performances that should stay online until the next competition in 4 years, at least that is what was posted by the organisers. 

I think the orchestra was a bit tired after this long week of rehearsals and performances and without air-condition. They didn’t play that good today, in my view, or maybe they played Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky so many times that they were not as ready with Chopin and Brahms. Or the fact that the orchestra is not used to this conductor…

And the winner is…. For me it doesn’t really matter. My vote goes to Daniil Trifonov. But, he doesn’t need to win this competition to get concerts booked; he already has a respectable schedule, at least for the next year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that he shouldn’t win because of that, I think he should win but for another reason. In my view he was the only competitor that played every piece from his repertoire perfect, and I like consistency :)

So who is the winner? We’ll have to wait until 6pm (CET) this evening and of course I will publish them when available.

The award ceremony will be on the usual webcast as well as the 2 gala concerts.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...