Wednesday, July 28, 2010

View from above (Short story 2)

And what a view...?!

Every time I watch my photos from my trip in Cape Le Grand I'm once again amazed about the beaches there and the views.

Sometimes I see pictures of places that looks beautiful but when I get there I find them less attractive and realise that once again the picture was better than the real thing. But not in this case, not Esperance in West-Australia. Looking on the web and seeing the pictures from this amazing national park, I'm thinking to my self, yes, that's exactly how it looks like!

When the sun is shining (and it often does) the variation of blue colors of the water in combination with the very fine white squeaky sand, the green bushes and the blue sky above, creating these amazing views.

In addition, the serenity, the peace and quiet as in rest of WA makes it even more pleasant for me. Walking on these long stretches of beaches for a whole day without seeing any human. Did see lots of birds and kangaroos, but not people, not even one, until I got back to my starting point, Wharton beach with road access.

In Hellfire bay, there was a group of 4 travellers in a van enjoying a refreshing dip in the freezing water. These were the only people I met in 2 days.
The water are very cold, around 15 degrees c. but as the temperature outside is about 30 degrees c. it's so nice to have a swim in the clear transparent water... but not too far from the shore as I didn't feel like meeting any sharks, they are known to be in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...