Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The blog - (short story 12)

So what is this blog about? Reading some posts and scrolling around you probably have no clue. No "about me" nor photo, (using my writer's name), mixed posts of short stories, photos, flowers, beaches, foundation, quotes and then 2 weeks of Tchaikovsky competition.

I started this blog for fun, to have a place where I can write whatever I feel like and at the same time learn new toys and play.

When I started this blog the only visitors that got on it where close friends and some coincidental viewers that got to it from Blogger itself or as a result of irrelevant search. 2-5 page views a day. While I was following the Tchaikovsky piano competition in Moscow, I wrote a post about it for my friends that enjoy listening sometimes to classical music but don’t really know what to listen to. A great way to centralise info, links and recommendations.

As I was following the competition very closely, listening to all performances, watching the complete webcasts including the interesting interviews and commentaries, reading updates on the official website, I kept writing posts with relevant subjects I found interesting and some of my own opinions and views. After a week of writing I noticed a nice increase in the number of visitors to my blog, increase in time spent on the blog, increase in traffic sources, from 99% direct traffic and 1% search engines to 35% direct traffic, referring sites and search engines. The pick was on the last day of the finals (piano). The performance ended around 5pm and the awards ceremony was to start at 8pm but the actual start time was around 9:30pm. The tension was felt over the web and through everyone taking part or following the competition. As people were waiting to hear the results, I noticed the drastic increase in viewers, realising people are searching for the information and so I responded with update posts every 30 min on the progress.

Now you know what the 2 weeks of posts on XIV Tchaikovsky competition is doing here in between all the rest.

But what about me? This I leave for a future post.

What about the music? I will write more, as promised, so come back again soon to check the updates.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...