Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Should I stay or should I go?

Every work place has its own rules and regulations, some rules are more important and written somewhere in the organization's policies and some are not exactly official and are not written anywhere but are commonly known and followed by most. A good example of an unofficial rule in a society that values high quality of life but unfortunately is located in a region with mostly shit weather all year round is, when it is nice weather, drop everything, go outside and enjoy while you can.

Good rules are easy to adopt, especially if they make so much sense. I personally don’t like too many rules but the above example is definitely one I am very strict on keeping. So how can I allow myself to go out and have fun when there’s so much work to do?

Remember many years ago, we used to use only paper and pen? Yes, before we all had personal computers and way before the internet became part of our daily lives. So school bag is ready, packed with a notebook (the original notebook, filled with papers), pen, pencil, sunscreen, sarong, hat, sunglasses, cooler bag with drinks & snacks and I’m all ready for another beautiful day at the park / lake / beach / forest, to be outside, get active and inspired, think, plan, schedule and document. 
And if I want to include a bit of workout before and after the hard day at work I’ll ride my bicycle and not the car. I love the summer!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, many, many years ago... We are not thát old yet ;-) Or are we? :-0
    I still use pen, paper & a notebook...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...