Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cleveland piano competition - End of Round I

Friday night’s performances concluded round I. I didn’t listen to all performances but it seems that the young contestants are in a hurry to get somewhere; especially Lu Chen (25, China) who almost made me jump off the chair with his Beethoven sonata No.23. A bit too aggressive with very sharp mood changes, almost frightening, in my view. 

Round II will start today, Saturday 1pm EDT. All 26 contestants will play another recital, a bit longer than 25 minutes. The order of performances is the same as in round I. 


You can find the schedule on this link:


For the program, check the contestants information on: 


Note: I find the quality of the live webcast much better than the archive on YouTube. It makes it very hard get a good impression of the music listening to the archive. If you want quality, I suggest making the time to watch and listen to the performances live.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...